Monday 6 June 2011

EOTD NYX One night in Morroco

A lazy sunday face of the day. This is one of my go to eye looks with subtle cheek colour and no lip product. 



I brought the NYX One Night in Morroco palette from lovemakeup.co.uk at the start of autumn last year. I have to admit it was initially a case of being drawn in by the name, having a love of Morroco, but the palette has turned out to be a great buy. I won’t do a full review or swatches since I know it is no longer available on the website for people in the UK, and I am not sure of availability in the USA. The shadows are great quality for the price, with great pigmentation and are long lasting. I love that all the shades are matte which makes a refreshing change, since the majority of palettes contain minimal matte colours if any. I am keen to try out more NYX products, so recommendations are welcome. 



You can probably tell from the indentation the colours I use the most and for this look! For the day, I keep in simple and use three of the four colours on the bottom row. The fourth shade all over the lid, and the third in the crease. If I wanted to make it darker and more smoky for the evening, I use the second shade concentrated in the outer corner. I use the first colour in the row as a highlight on the brow bone and in the inner corner. Simple and I think very pretty.

The rest of my face was my usual foundation and I tried out a plum tone blush by No 7 (from their christmas box palette), which I love but was not very long lasting.


UPDATE: 20-June-2011 I noticed this palette is back on the website for anyone interested. As a quick review, I love this palette, the matte shades are beautiful and completely wearable for a day or night look. They are all very pigmented too and as a bonus a nude eye base is also provided, although the positioning of this in the palette means that it The size of the packaging is just right and is great when travelling. There are 4 lip shades in a drawer below, which I don’t like or use that much but again for travel these could come in useful. The palette is a bargain at £10.99 and is quite easily my favourite palette. Do let me know if you would like another post with some swatches on there.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Love this natural look!
    Im your new follower from Beauty blog hop! Hope you follow me back too!
    Mimi @ DeyiMizu Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig