Friday 2 March 2012

Bourjois pop-up shop haul

Close to two weeks ago I headed down to the Bourjois pop-up shop in Shoreditch with my sister and beauty bloggers Safira and Aysha.


The shop was set up to coincide with London Fashion Week and had discounts on products as well as the chance to have a makeover.

We decided to get there early and be one of the first 50 so that we could get our hands on a goodie bag, it also meant we had the place before it got too busy to get a really good look at some of the products on offer. The venue itself was decorated like a sweet shop for makeup lovers — with a lot of the eyeshadows displayed in jars and the rest of the products in different trays.


Contents of the goodie bag, I love the light up mirror and I’m also looking forward to trying out the cream wash

So here is what I picked up, I will of course review and/or show makeup looks with the products when I have had a chance to test them fully.


I knew I wanted to pick up the bronzing powder before I arrived, I went for the ligher shade, which doesn’t swatch well but I hope that it will allow me to subtly contour and that it can be built up for a bronzed looked.


I also picked up one of the eyeshadow pots in the shade 08, which is the nude/flesh tone I have been looking for. It has a slight sheen, but I am hoping to use this shade to even out the colour of my eyelids for neutral looks or as highlight, it blends in so well to my skin tone that I couldn’t photograph it well.

I also picked up three eyeliners. Two shadow and light in the shades gris and petale, and brun and caramel. I am not sure how to use these together to get the best look, but the shades are beautiful and apply smoothly. The petale shade I expect to be great for brightening up the eye. I picked up the contour clubbing waterproof eyeliner in blue remix, which is a vibrant turquoise colour. I only ever use coloured eyeliners on the lower lash line and I am hoping the waterproof formulation will mean that it lasts well.


Finally I couldn’t walk away without buying a nail polish. . . .  but I will save that for a nails of the week post.

I did walk away regretting not picking up the felt tip eyeliner, but I think I will make use of a £2 off voucher we were given. Are there any Bourjois fans out there and if so what else is worth looking out for?

Share:

1 comment

  1. Everything looks great. Will wait for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig