Saturday 7 April 2012

I’m back! Dubai haul

So after over three weeks in the Middle East I have returned! I had a lovely time, but it has taken me a while to get back into the swing of things here.

Dubai is full of huge malls with lots of well known brands for beauty, clothes and jewellery. Of course I was most interested to pick up beauty products that I can’t get here in the UK, so without further ado here’s what I got…


Bath and Body Works — I was actually picking up gifts but couldn’t resist treating myself too. I picked up a scrub, moisturiser and body spray all from the Aruba Coconut fragrance collection. I think coconut is one of those scents that divides people in terms of love-hate, but I love it! I like to use fragrance sprays on top of moisturisers to enhance the scent and make it last a little longer.  Because I had spent a set amount, I could buy travel bag filled with goodies for an additional £10.


Dubai seems to have pharmacies everywhere all stocking a huge collection of skin care products and I noticed that there are a lot of French brands available. I would have picked up a lot more if my luggage limit allowed but I limited myself to picking up a face mask, moisturiser and night oil from Alba and another face mask from Himalaya herbals. I have become very interested in Ayuverdic products (a traditional medicine native to India) but what I have tried in the past has been very harsh and more suited for oily, acne prone skin — so I was glad to see a product aimed at dry skin but that is still meant to help clean out clogged pores and minimise blemishes.


Finally the product I was most excited to find, Bioderma micelle solution! I have read so many positive reviews on this and even put it on my beauty wish list so I can’t wait to try this out.


I also picked up a few beauty purchases before I even reached Dubai! In Heathrow duty free I found a cosmetics store selling Victoria Secret. After swatching so many of the eyeshadows (and asking the opinion of my twitter followers!) I picked up the ultimate supermodels kit, which contains 64 eyeshdows, 16 lip sticks, 16 lip glosses, 2 bronzers, 4 blushes and 2 highlighters. I also picked up another set of body lotions and sprays in the Bombshell scent.


Finally I am not going to focus on these products too much but they are definitely worth a mention — I found a spa selling Nivea makeup, which I never knew existed! Unfortunately, I also found out that it is being discontinued but I did manage to pick up a selection of what was left for £2 each!


As usual I will be back will full reviews on these products as I try them. If you have tried these brands before I would love to know your thoughts.

Share:

2 comments

  1. quiet a nice haul darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul. I love coconut scents too, and bath and body works makes some very nice ones. That VS palette is huge. I have only ever used their lip tints and glosses so am quite curious. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig