Monday 28 May 2012

They’re Real! Benefit mascara review

Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash is the only mascara I have used, loved and repurchased. However, last year Benefit released They’re Real and replaced Bad Gal Lash as my favourite mascara.
They’re Real is a false-lash effect mascara, which is perfect for me since I can’t/don’t like applying false lashes. The secret to the mascara is in the wand. The rounded end means that each and every lash can be coated, and it only takes the one coat to get the effect.
For me, it’s perfect because it does the job it’s meant to do without clumping my lashes together or ending up all over my lids. I can easily get away with just one coat to get the effect I want.
Naked lashes
They’re real!
I have grown to like the packaging on this, although I am not much of a packaging girl generally. But I like that it is not too long and fits into makeup bags and pockets easily.

If I had to find a fault with this I would say that, because it is so effective at coating every lash, I don’t like the defined look you get on the lower lashes (think Twiggy). I skip using this on my lower lash line and opt instead to applying eyeliner so that my lower lashes are more subtly defined.

*This was a gift from my little sister. Thanks Sis! 

Share:

5 comments

  1. I have it, and at Ulta for $23 bucks for a full size AND a travel size, I couldn't pass it up.
    I love it, but remember to wipe the excess on some toliet paper before, cause you might end up with spider lashes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read so many good reviews about this mascara.. I think is time for me to grab one..

    http://essentialsinbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like both Bad Gal and They're Real. My only issue with the latter: it takes some getting used to with the spiky ball at the end of the wand; also, and mainly, around 2 months after I bought mine, the spacer at the top of the tube fell out somehow... I hence ended up having way too much product on my wand when I took it out, resulting in clumpy lashes. I only found out Sephora would have replaced it after I threw it out... :(
    I may give it another shot, though. Right now I am using Film noir from Hourglass, LOVE IT :)
    www.dafrastar.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried They're Real but I see a lot of great reviews. Right now I'm still trying the Sephora Box of Favorites! I will have to try this one next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using Bad Gal now, and it's good, but it's not amazing. My favourite mascara is Covergirl's Lash Blast, but I really want to try They're Real!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig