Thursday 13 September 2012

Victoria Secret, Amsterdam and I

Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Instagram will know that last weekend I made a very impromptu trip to Amsterdam!

I'm not usually one for being so spontaneous, so booking flights and accommodation, packing and getting hold of currency on Thursday for a trip starting on Friday was stressful to say the least! But, in the end we got there fine and we were lucky to get what will probably be the last of the hot weather for the year.

The city is extremely beautiful and I think it is a shame that most only associate it with the Red Light District when there is so much more to see.
What about the food?! 
The weekend also gave me the chance to test out my 'ultimate supermodel' palette from Victoria Secret, which is perfect for weekend trips and holidays because it contains everything you could need in a palette.
The kit does come with brushes but I packed my own and the only additional things I needed were my foundation, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow kit.

I was safe and stuck to more neutral colours but I never had to use the same shade twice and it will be nice on future trips to have the option to go for bolder or brighter looks.

I love the fact that the palette contains a combination of blushes, bronzers and highlighters too, which have different finishes depending on what look you are going for.

The eyeshadows and face products have are very smooth in texture and have good pigmentation. I used them with my Mememe face base and Bella Pierre eye primer and my makeup lasted all day.

The kit does contain lip glosses and lip sticks but these vary in pigmentation, finish and consistency (with the lip sticks being very soft and the lip glosses much harder and difficult to build the colour). There are some really nice colours available to use but, of course being in a palette, you aren't able to reapply throughout the day, which is the only negative of the palette in my opinion.

The lighting in my hotel room was awful so I wasn't able to take any face of the day shots unfortunately, but for a palette that looks quite shimmery it is great for producing some lovely day time looks. I haven't had a chance to check out the new Victoria Secret stores in London, so I don't know what the availability of this palette is. Amsterdam airport was offering a smaller palette and the quality of the products appeared to be the same, so I would recommend keeping an eye out for this in Duty Free for those of you based in Europe.

Share:

2 comments

  1. I went to Amsterdam last year, Bagels & Beans was my favourite place for a snack and I discovered Alpro Macchiato which I miss as we can't get in the UK :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Bagels & Beans but I didn’t visit, my first thought was that the beans part was referring to the baked kind! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig